Saturday 25th August to Monday 27th August 2018
Join London’s biggest street party as the Notting Hill Carnival fills the streets of West London with Caribbean colours, music and food.
Watch elaborate floats and colourful costumed performers make their way through the streets in the carnival parade, dance to the sound of steel bands and visit the tempting food stalls along the route.
The Notting Hill Carnival was first held in 1966 as an offshoot of the Trinidad Carnival, celebrating Caribbean culture and traditions in London, with around 500 people attending. The Carnival is now seen as Europe’s largest street festival, attracting over a million people every August Bank Holiday weekend. Beginning on Saturday evening with Europe’s premier steel band competition, it moves on to a children’s day on Sunday and the main parade on Monday.
Some interesting facts you may not know about the Notting Hill Carnival:
- There are up to 2 million attendees at the Carnival every year, plus 40,000 volunteers and 9,000 police
- It’s the second largest carnival in the world, just behind the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro
- Tourists only make up about 20 percent of the Carnival crowd.
- The costume troupes are known as ‘Mas bands’ – ‘Mas’ meaning masquerade.
- Every year there are around 15,000 costumes on display
To find out more about Little’s chauffeur services visit our website at littles.co.uk or call us 24/7 on +44(0) 203 282 1056.