About The Royal Edinburgh Military Tatoo
Coined by some as “the greatest show on earth”, The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo takes place in front of the brooding backdrop of Edinburgh castle. Massed pipes, drums, singers and military bands characterise the iconic Edinburgh institution which hosts musicians and performers from all corners of the globe. As well as standard tickets, individuals are able to book corporate hospitality and private dining. As it is one of our favourite events, we have compiled a list of some interesting facts about The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo:
• The first tattoo took place in 1950, with 8 items in the programme
• Since inception, more than 13 million have attended the tattoo with an annual audience of 220,00 guests
• 100,000 people see the tattoo each year on international television
• Not a single performance of the tattoo has ever been cancelled – despite Scotland’s often damp climate
• The word ‘tattoo’ comes from the closing-time cry in the Low Country inns during the 17th and 18th centuries – ‘Doe den tap toe’ (‘Turn off the taps’)
How can we assist?
Little’s would be delighted to arrange your transport to and from the tattoo. If you are thinking about purchasing any of the official packages such as: The Queen Anne, Jacobite, Amber, Cannonball or The Piper’s Package at The Scottish Café, you can contact us 24/7 to discuss in detail.
Established in 1966, Little’s can arrange your chauffeur-driven transport from your hotel or collect you straight from the airport. We not only provide a reliable chauffeur driven car service, but our attention to detail and professionalism also provides you with reassurance, whether you are travelling personally or organising on behalf of one of your VIPs. We can organise and provide executive saloons, luxury saloons, MPVs and coaches for the event. To find out more, contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on: +44 (0)141 883 2111.