As the summer season approaches, Scotland braces itself to be the honourable host of numerous high-profile sporting events. Venues such as: The Emirates Arena, Murrayfield, Dundonald Links, Kingsbarns and Blair Castle will all host renowned competitions which will see an influx of tourists across Scotland. Here, at Little’s, we’ve compiled a list of the top sporting events to look out for.
• The 2017 World Badminton Championships: Having been previously held at cities such as London, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Madrid, Copenhagen and Paris, this year the championships will be held between the 21st and 27th of August at The Emirates Arena, Scotland’s Glasgow home for world-class sporting events since its opening in 2012. As the host of the badminton competition during the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth games (recognised as the “best ever” Commonwealth games), here at Little’s we believe Glasgow is more than set to host the world’s biggest badminton competition – a coveted honour for Scotland.
• The 2017 European Finals Weekend: In May, the prestigious 2017 European finals weekend will take place in the city of Edinburgh. The European Rugby Champions Cup and The European Rugby Challenge Cup will be played between 12th and 13th May at BT Murrayfield, Scotland’s largest stadium with capacity of 67,800. It is indeed the making of a great couple of days, on and off the field, with the fantastic sporting event having the luxurious backdrop of the vibrant and culturally diverse city of Edinburgh. This is the first time that Edinburgh has hosted the championships since 2009 and we believe this will certainly go down as a weekend to remember in sporting history.
• Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open and The Ladies Scottish Open 2017: This year, Dundonald Links in Ayrshire will make history as it hosts both The Scottish Open and Ladies Scottish Open within three weeks of one-another. The Ladies Scottish Open will take place between the 13th – 16th July and The Scottish Open will take place between the 27th – 30th July. Neighbouring Troon, the host of The Open 2016, these tournaments will see male and female professionals compete in, what are expected to be, two very exciting tournaments.
• Women’s British Open 2017: This year The Ricoh Women’s 2017 British Open will be held at Kingbarns in Fife for the very first time. As one of the few woman’s major played outside the USA, golf professionals will compete to win perhaps one of the most coveted titles in women’s golf. With all eminent female golfers set to play the Kingsbarns course, the week of The Women’s British Open is set to be an exciting one.
• The Blair Castle International Horse Trials: On the 25- 28th August 2017, Olympian riders as well as amateurs will compete on their noble steeds at The Blair Castle International Horse Trials. This event is set to attract more than 40,000 people.
Established in 1966, Little’s not only provides a reliable chauffeur driven car service, but our attention to detail and professionalism also provide you with reassurance, whether you are travelling personally or organising on behalf of one of your VIPs. For events such as these, Little’s offer first class chauffeur services. Our team of experts have a wealth of experience in travel management for such sporting events, providing 24-hour support to all our clients.
From enquiry through to delivery, we can organise and provide Mercedes S Class, Mercedes E Class and Mercedes V Class. For larger groups, we can organise executive coaches of all sizes providing you with a single point of contact for all ground transport. For more information or to book your chauffeur driven transport contact our office on 0141 883 2111 or email email@example.com.